Monday, May 12, 2008

Hula on Over

Since it has been over a month since I last blogged, I thought I should post something. We had Aspen's 6th birthday party on Saturday May 10th. She wanted to have a Hawaiian Luau. So we ordered the decorations (and borrowed some as well,) we made the invitations:



and the cake:




And we were ready to party. We invited about 35 close friends and family and about 27 people came. We ate Hawaiian haystacks and fruit and listened to Bob Marley. The kids mostly jumped on the tramp which wasn't the initial plan but they had fun.

Aspen got the most adorable presents. Everyone was so good to her. Every time
I ask her what her favorite present was, she says something new. Here
are few pictures of our guests and Aspen opening her presents. I don't
think we could have asked for better weather. It was perfect. We are
pretty sure Aspen had a great day and that is what we wanted.

I had to add a picture of Aspen's hair. I thought it turned out really cute.




The little birthday guests.




My brother Brock, his wife Holly and their little boy Jeremy.


Emily's little girl Kendal


Emily's other little girl Avery (YES! They are twins aren't they adorable!)


The Thank You's


Thank you everyone for making Aspen's day special. We love you all so much.

I also wanted to give a special thank you to my mom, Hilary and Grandma Cam for all their help. We couldn't have pulled off the party if it wasn't for them. You guys
are great.

Zach, thank you for whipping our yard into shape after our sweet dog destroyed it. You did a fabulous job and I know it took a lot of time to do. Your the best!

5 comments:

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

Hey there! From down the street!! I LOVE THE CAKE. Your yard is ALWAYS so nice, I love your flower hangings. I am glad Aspen had a great birthday. Danica enjoys playing with her..

Brookie Biggers said...

I LOVE it how fun.... We had hawiian haystacks at our Easter party they are one of my favs.... I have to tell you I was looking through your profile and notice you like the TWILIGHT series It's one of my favs too so if you want to I was thinking you could join me and my friends on our GOODREADS web-site. Send me your email address and i will send you an invite... it's way fun to get on with all of your friends and see what their reading and all that good stuff!!!!! Or you can click on the link in my blog and it will take you there. Good to see you, after the boys come back from their hike we should BBQ... have a good one Brooke

katie said...

Could your party be anymore perfect?!? How do you do Aspen's hair like that and and how does she even let you do it? Kindra screams like a banchie!

Amy said...

Hi Stranger! What a fun party! You are such a cute mom! I miss you tonz!

The Boyacks said...

Okay, Holy Cow - look at that cake! Awesome job, it turned out so cute!