Friday, May 30, 2008

Field Trip and a dress down day

Last Friday Aspen and I went to the Zoo with her Kindergarten class. I thought it was funny when I asked Aspen if she was excited to go to the Zoo and she replied, "I am, but I am more excited to wear anything I want!" They wear uniforms at her school and they have only had one other dress down day this year and Aspen missed it! I just thought that was a funny thing to come out of a Kindergartener's mouth.
Anyway, we were a bit nervous because the weather wasn't looking so good. It had been raining for days and it didn't look like it was planning to stop anytime soon. It did rain while were there but not enough to ruin the trip. The kids loved it. Their favorite thing (and mine too) was the gorilla's. One of them had wrapped itself up in a sheet to get out of the rain. It was adorable. I took a picture of it but it didn't really turn out because the gorilla was behind the glass and kind of far away. Oh well, you will have to take my word on it. Here are a few pictures from our day at the Zoo.

Aspen, Gentry and Sadie

They really thought they could move that ball!

Alyssa and Aspen

Ms. Eschler (one of Aspen's teachers) and some of her students

1 comment:

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

Oh my gosh, I cannot believe she will be in first grade, I know how you feel; You guys worked SO hard to have Aspen, it shows how much you love her. Danica will start at Summit this fall and it scares me, reading your post makes me feel a little more excited..