Tuesday, February 19, 2008

They Should Know Better!!!


For Presidents Day, Hilary and I decided to take the girls swimming. We called my mom and asked if Kelsie would like to join us too. Of course she did! What child can resist the pool. The kids were so excited they could hardly eat their dinner. After some quick shoveling and some weak attempts at telling us they were full, we were off to the pool. Unfortunately the minute we shed our clothes and emerged ourselves in the water the lifeguards blew their whistles and demanded everyone out! Someone had pooped in the pool. When I was younger, they would fish out the nasty little devil and then everyone could get back in. Now, they shut the facility down for the day. The girls were devastated. They cried huge crocodile tears and kept saying over and over, "Why would somebody do that!" "Don't they know any better!" It was almost comical. I just wish they could have done it about 2 minutes earlier and then we wouldn't have been soaking wet with no place to go! We actually did have someplace to go. We ended up back at my parents house and let the girls play in their Jacuzzi tub. Not quite the evening we had planned but it worked out okay. I had to include the picture of my mom washing the girls. She jumped right in without hesitation and neither Hilary nor I objected.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look here

katie said...

That is soo something that your Mom would do!
PS DO NOT...LOOK AT THE POST BY JON...IT IS A VIRUS BS!

Amy said...

That is such a great alternative you came up with! You're so clever! I remember those days of jumping back in the pool after someone pooped too. I'm so glad they are more sanitary now. Why would my mom let me back in is a question I wonder. Cute pictures! That is definitely a Kodak moment!

Anonymous said...

Sorry. Look please here

katie said...

Come on Chantel! It is sooo liberating and hilarious! Classic huh?!?

katie said...

new post new post new post