Thursday, February 14, 2008

Magic in the Air

When Aspen called me at work yesterday and told me that she lost her tooth. I immediately ran to Sunday's Child and bought a tooth Fairy doll. Around the dolls neck is a tiny book that stores the information about each lost tooth. On the fairy is a tiny pocket where you can put the lost tooth. Aspen was so excited about the doll and seemed anxious to put her out for the tooth fairy. But then as we brushed her teeth and got her ready for bed, she started asking me questions. "Mom, how big is the tooth fairy?" "Mom, what does the tooth fairy look like?" "Mom, were you scared of the tooth fairy when you were 5?" I answered each question the best I could. I even told her a story about a time when I thought I saw the tooth fairy. I told her not to be scared and that the tooth fairy was the nicest fairy in the world. She seemed content with that and wanted to write her a letter. The letter was adorable, this is what it said:

Dear Tooth Fairy,

I will not hurt you. Please be careful in the snow. Your pretty.

Love, Aspen.

Aspen slept in my bed with me last night because Zach was working a security job. After I turned off the lights and shut the door. The questions started again, "Mom, how big is the tooth fairy again?" "Mom, how will she get into our room?" Mom, can you move over a little bit more on your side so that I can scoot over too, I am a little bit nervous!" I started laughing so hard, I couldn't quit. Then Aspen started laughing and somehow that laugh turned to sleep. I thought she would be up all night with worry and excitement but I wrong. She slept like a baby and was more then excited to see what the tooth fairy brought her the next morning. A silver dollar, 4 more dollars, some lotion that smells like frosting, another fairy doll and she even left fairy dust which Aspen loved. Here is a picture:

2 comments:

Amy said...

Aspen is so cute! That doll is such a cute idea! I know what you mean about feeling sad over a lost tooth. I know that I will feel the same way when Caleb looses his tooth. It's cute how you make it so fun for her.

katie said...

u have been tagged so go to my blog