Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A lot can happen in a month and a half!

I honestly don't know why I haven't kept up on my blog. But rather than sit and give you a bunch of lame excuses, I will simply add a few pictures and get us up to date.

In June Aspen had the opportunity to ride in the Lehi Stock Parade with her Grandma Laurie. Aspen has loved horses since she was a baby. Even her room is decorated with horses. So this was the perfect thing for her. An old frind of mine, Tom Lewis, or as I still like to call him "Tommy" let us borrow one of his horses. Thank you Tommy and Jen for letting us do this. You guys are great.


The other great thing about this parade is that my cute Grandparents were the Grand Marshalls. In order for them to be the Grand Marshall's, someone had to nominate them and "someone" did. They not only were the Grand Marshall's of this parade but they were the Marshall's of the entire Lehi Round Up Days. Even though it wore them out, they loved each and every minute of it.



I also had the opportunity to spend some time with and old friend of mine, Katie Terry. We have been friends since Jr. High. I knew that her little girl loves horses just as much as Aspen, so I called to see if they would like to come with us. Lucky for us, they did.


Also in June, Zach represented the Sheriff's Office at the Riverton Demolition Derby Tug O' War. Basically, they go up against the Riverton Fire Department. They have done this for the past two years and both years the Sheriff's Office has taken the title. Here is a picture of Zach. He is the third guy in. Look at those muscle's. Zach said his motivation came from not wanting his little girl to see him lose. You could hear her screaming over the hundreds of other spectators. She was so proud of her daddy and so was I!


In July, Aspen had the opportunity to be in another parade. This time is was with the Children's Ballet Theater. She takes dance there with her favorite friend Cassidy. Here is a picture of the two of them on that day.


The final post I will do is of us on a litte hike up Big Cottonwood Canyon. Aspen has loved this hike since she could walk and we do it at least once a year. Grandma Cam came with us this time and it was fun to have her:












7 comments:

Todd & Cally Migliaccio said...

Shantell,
I found your blog through Katie Terry. I am Trents mom Cally and I just wanted to say HI...long time no see. I am also inviting you to our family blog if you want to see what is going on with our fam.
Thanks for letting me look, Cally

http://migliacciogang.blogspot.com/

Heather Walker said...

Busy, Busy, Busy!! I am dying to so you!! Looks like you have been having a great summer so far. I feel so cool that I know (at least I think I know) the Coopers of Lehi! How fun. Hope you are feeling good! Call me Soon!

katie said...

that night was way fun for both of us! Kindra loved the horses of course and I love seeing you!
I love that family pic of when you are up hiking :)
Don't you just love blogging!!! Hope that you had fun this weekend....

Anonymous said...

Hi Miner Family!! THe parade looked like so much fun! They don't do enough parades out here in Denver. I am glad I finally found your blog! Aspen is so cute and getting so big! What gorgeous hair she has :). I hope you guys are doing well!
Anna-Lise

Amy said...

Hey woman, i'm gald that you have had a fun summer! you guys are so cute! i noticed the For Sale sign in you yeard the other day when I drove by. Are you moving? i should've stopped by but B was with me. Xome move up here by errin and I we love it!

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

Shantell,
Ok- Why is your house up for sale? Everybody is moving on our street! Not fair.. I heard another roomer about something else for you guys, I hope it's true but do not want to post it here, if you have an e-mail I can ask you there.. Anyways sad to see good people go. Take care

Staci said...

Hi Chan! I was checking out your blog... hope you don't mind. I love the pics of Aspen on the horse with your mom. Like daughter, like grandma...
You have such a cute little family.
I finally decided to start a blog... I really don't know what I'm doing but your welcome to check it out anytime. I've posted some pics of our new baby.