Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas is finally here!



We had a blast this year. For one, Zach didn't have to work. Last year we did Christmas at 3:00 in the morning. It was fun but very untraditional. The year before that, we had to pay someone $100.00 to work Zach's shift. This year, he just got it off. So he was completely in the Christmas spirit. As we were putting Aspens gifts together that night, he kept pulling out more and more things he thought Aspen needed. I thought we set a limit on her this year and I thought I was done wrapping presents. I was so wrong :-). This was the first year that Aspen really had a wish list. Needless to say, she was pretty adamant about a few things on her Christmas list. Here were the most important ones:

1. Polly Pocket Race to the Mall

2. Hawkie Talkie's (Walkie Talkie's) "real one's, not pretend."

3. A Princess Jasmine Dress up

4. Roller Skates

5. A Chia Pet


She loved every present she got but when she opened the ones from her list, she literally screamed. Watching her get so excited made this Christmas magic for me. Another thing that made the morning special was that Grandma Cam, Josh and Marie joined us. Grandma Cam spent the night and Josh and Marie raced to our house the minute we called them to let them know that Aspen was awake. It really was a Christmas to remember.

5 comments:

Heather Walker said...

Sounds like your house was the place to be for Christmas!! How fun for everyone and especially Aspen. How cute are those pictures!! And I must say....Santa's hand writing in that one picture looks pretty familiar! :) I hope you had a great Christmas and I can't wait to see you!!

Heather Walker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Camille said...

These are great posts and it's so fun to see the pictures. What a great Christmas we had.

Grandma Cam

katie said...

I am glad that you had a good Christmas! Just wait until you have more than one child to please!

Amy said...

Chantelle--
I just found your blog through Errin. It's so cute! I hope all is well! I miss you tonz and I would love to keep in touch! Check out my blog sometime too. Take care!

thewallengrens.blogspot.com