Thursday, October 16, 2008

Catching Up!

It has been a long time since I blogged. It isn't that I don't want to blog or that I have nothing to blog about but more that I lack the motivation! So here is a quick catch up on our lives. Aspen has started 1st grade and loves it. She is learning so much and having fun at the same time. Her school is a bit on the extreme side but since she doesn't know any different, we don't tell her. With that said, it also demands a lot of our time so we are adjusting as well. Here is a picture from her first day. She is with one of her best friends, Alyssa.


Then about a month ago, Zach's aunt came to town to visit. Holly is absolutely amazing and we love spending time with her. Did I mention she is also beautiful. We were able to get together for dinner at Archibalds, we saw the witches at Gardner Village and went to Red Mango for Dessert. Then the next morning we met for Sunday Brunch at the Little America. It was fantastic! The weekend went by so quickly but we were thankful for the time we had with her. She reminds Aspen so much of her grandma Cam (well they are sisters) and Aspen just adores her. Thank you Holly for your visit and for spending time with us. We love you.






Aspen also started Ballet again. She had both Ballet and Gymnastics over the summer but we had to limit it to one extra curricular activity once school started. I think she would have chose gymnastics but we talked her into Ballet. Or rather the fact that her friend Cassidy would be in her class helped motivate her. She is at the Children's Ballet Theater and her teacher is amazing this year. It really is an adorable place. We love it there.


Zach took the day off a couple of weeks ago to go with Aspen on her field trip. They took the kids the the BYU Museum of Natural History and to Cabella's. The kids were studying natural animal habitats in class as well as the difference between Carnivore, Herbivores and Omnivores so these were the perfect places for them to visualize what they were learning. Here are a few pictures from that day. Zach still isn't convinced that 1st graders wouldn't have enjoyed a different kind of field trip but again, they don't know any different so why tell them :-). They had a blast.



I really do have more to tell you but the motivational thing is kicking in. I will post more soon.

4 comments:

Brookie Biggers said...

Yay, I'm so excited you blogged!!! Hows the baby thing going?
I know how you feel about the motivation thing, if I didn't have friends that constantly bugged me for new pics and posts I would probably not blog very often! Looks like you guys have been having a grerat fall so far. Keep in touch.

Staci said...

Sounds like Aspen's school keeps you (and her) BUSY. She looks so dang cute in her 'uniform.'
I LOVE the pics at Gardner Village!...Cool Witches.
I definitely need to take the girls there.
Aspen is such a cutie...I'm anxious to see if your next girl will look like her.
XOXO

katie said...

way to go chan!!!

that was the best feeling...to click on your blog and see a new post! i'm serious :)

i'm still amazed at aspen's hair. how do you find the time to do it?

i took the kids last week to gardner and can you believe me of all people, i forgot my camera. we had to do something so they were offering some $3 candid photo shoot that we had to do. yeah...not the cutest of pictures but what do you do? it was during uea and it was a total zoo but it was still fun to do...

keep posting and i will just continue to make rambling comments ok :)

ps it's been a few weeks so how are you feeling/doing? you look great so that's a plus huh?!?

...and i talked to melissa about something else and the conversation went to the christmas party. she would rather do it next year so the plan is for me to do it this year...so martha...ready to help me???? HUGE JK!!!!

k promise that i'm done....

Anonymous said...

You are funny! I'm glad Aspen is liking school. I wish I were in first grade again!