Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Badge of Courage

Well we did it! We survived spring break, in California, with all the other hundred and fifty thousand people! I know that sentence makes it sound like all we did was survive but we did that AND we had a ton of fun!
On Wednesday March 19th, Aspen, Zach and I jumped on a plane and flew to California. The plan was to meet up with my parents who were driving. The flight could have been uneventful but no! I ended up sitting with a man that should have bought 2 tickets, for 2 seats, just to fit his rear end in. I know that sounds rude of me to say and I feel bad saying it however I was in great pain by the end of the flight. That was due to the fact that he took up half my seat and I had to litteraly sit halfway in the isle in an L-shape! Here is a picture of me and my flying partner and then here is another picture of Zach and Aspen, just as comfortable as can be. I was a bit resentful.




Once the excitement of the plane ride was over, we picked up our rental car and headed to Oceanside to meet my parents. We beat them there and had a few hours to kill so we picked up lunch and then decided to explore. We were very impressed. Our hotel was feet from the famous Oceanside Harbor Pier. Which is also home to the best pizza ever called Dominics. We sat in the bay and watch the sea lions bob up and down in the water. It was amazing.


No comments: