Monday, March 10, 2008

Mmmmm Sugar Cookies


After we hung out with the Easter Bunny and his friends we went to Hilary's moms house for a cookie party. The cookie party is a fun event that Hilary does about 4 times a year. She supplies the sugar cookies, the frosting and the decorative accents. Everyone else just gets to show up, frost their cookies and hang out. I know your thinking is Hilary crazy! Yes, she is but only a little. As a loyal friend I go to her house a few days before the party and we crank out about 200 sugar cookies. We have gotten so good at this, that we can do it in less than 2 hours. Are you impressed yet? Don't be, Hilary actually has all the dry ingredients pre-measured which is how we cut down on the cooking time. We usually have a great time. The only downside is that Hilary doesn't snack on the dough or the cookies until the cookie party. It is so hard baking all these cookies and then having to wait for 3 days before you can eat one. I used to sneak the dough but once I ended up sneaking a piece of crisco covered in flour, that was disguised as dough. It was awful, I nearly puked. Now I know the difference :-). Oh and if a cookie breaks being transferred to the cooling rack, that one becomes edible. I would never and I mean NEVER break one on purpose!!! Would you? Think about it for a minute, warm, home baked sugar cookies Mmmmmm!!!





2 comments:

katie said...

I am very proud of you for posting but it would be nice to see some pics of you! If the rest of us are posting random and embarrassing pics of ourselves, then you should too!!!

Amy said...

That looks like a fun tradtion. That takes a lot of time to make and back the cookies. I bet Aspen loves it. You need to take more pictures of you cause I haven't seen you forever! Take care!